Accommodation and Getting Around
We suggest the following two hotels. Special room rates will be offered to symposium participants.
Both hotels are located in Tseung Kwan O district with about 10 minutes’ taxi ride from HKUST, and a 45-minute drive from the Hong Kong International Airport.
As only limited room block is reserved, bookings are processed on a first-come-first-served basis and subject to confirmation by hotel. All reservations made after 21 July 2017 are subject to availability and the special rates may not be offered. We advise you to make reservations early.
- Please fill in the room booking form and return by fax: (852) 3983-0502 or email: email@example.com (Attention: Reservations Department)
- All enquiries, requests of change and cancellation must be made via Hotel’s Reservations Department directly by phone (852) 3983-0388 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the symposium name or block code #MA1 & MA2 when contact the hotels.
- Any cancellations or shortening of stay received after 21 July 2017 or “no show” on the day of arrival, penalty charge of FULL DURATION will be debited from your credit card. (Penalty will automatically apply to the credit card without further notice.)
- Special rates will NOT be offered if booking is made via other channels.
** Booking Deadline: 21 July 2017 **
Background Information of Hong Kong
Situated on the southeast coast of China and with a total area of 1,104 square kilometers (400 square miles), Hong Kong has a population of over 7 million people. It is a vibrant city that blends both east and west cultures, the “Asia’s World City” attracts tourists from around the world. (Visit the Hong Kong Tourism Board for further information.)
It is Summer in Hong Kong from June to August. Hot, humid and sunny, with occasional showers and thunderstorms. The temperature can exceed 31°C but high humidity levels can make it feel even hotter. Average Temperature: 26°C to 31 degree°C.
Standard time in Hong Kong is 8 hours ahead of GMT.
The legal tender is the Hong Kong dollar (HK$), which is linked to the US dollar, and trades at around HK$7.8 to US$1.
Please click here for the Hong Kong maps provided by the Hong Kong Tourism Board.
Free Wi-Fi services are widespread in Hong Kong. You can find these and other free Wi-Fi hotspots at these locations in Hong Kong.
Passport holders of a number of countries can enter Hong Kong without a visa for a period of 90 days. Anyone wishing to stay longer than the visa-free period must apply for a visa before travelling to Hong Kong.
All visitors to Hong Kong must have valid travel documents, endorsed where necessary for Hong Kong. These should be valid for at least six months beyond your planned departure from Hong Kong. You may also visit the Immigration Department of Hong Kong for further details.
Overseas participants may enter Hong Kong from the Hong Kong International Airport. When arriving in Hong Kong, passengers should proceed to the Immigration Hall.
You should have the following documents ready:
- Valid passport.
- A completed arrival card which should be completed prior going to Passport Control. This arrival card will be given to you by your airline prior landing or picked up near the Passport Control area.
- Hong Kong residents need only present their Identity Card.
Arriving passengers clear Immigration in about 10 minutes, collect their baggage [baggage carousel will indicate the flight number on the big blue sign] and then proceed to the Arrivals Hall and Ground Transportation Centre. If you cannot find your baggage or would like to report on baggage damage, please approach your airline for assistance.
Passengers can check-in from airport, as well as from Hong Kong and Kowloon stations of the Airport Express Railway from one day in advance to 90 minutes before take-off for these airlines.
Passengers should check in well in advance of the departure of their flight. Please contact your airlines for more information on check-in times.